Do you believe the STEM community brings a valuable perspective to challenges faced by cities, counties, and states? Engineers & Scientists Acting Locally seeks to inspire, encourage, and empower people in STEM to be active civic participants. We are a dedicated group of volunteers working to help our fellow members of the STEM community more effectively engage with their local communities and governments. And we would be thrilled to have you join our ranks.
ESAL is looking for a volunteer to join our Web Team. In this role, you will:
- Publish new content to the website including blog posts and information about upcoming events.
- Manage website updates, including keeping track of security updates and implementing basic design changes such as adding new volunteers to our People page as needed.
- Familiarity with CSS is desirable.
- Work remotely under the guidance of the ESAL Chair, contributing ~10-15 hours/month with an initial 6 month commitment to volunteering with ESAL.
In return, by volunteering with ESAL you will gain the opportunity to:
- Propose and receive implementation support for civic tech projects relevant to ESAL’s mission
- Network with engineers and scientists across the country who are passionate about improving their communities
- Demonstrate a concrete commitment to science policy and community engagement
- Work with ESAL leadership -- a dedicated team of engineers and scientists with deep experience in public policy
- Influence and shape a growing organization that is receiving broad recognition from the science policy community due to its unique focus on non-federal engagement
If you are interested in helping us change how engineers and scientists think about policy engagement, please contact us with a paragraph describing your interest and a link to a bio or an attached resume at email@example.com