Do you believe the STEM community brings a valuable perspective to challenges faced by cities, counties, and states? Engineers & Scientists Acting Locally seeks to inspire, encourage, and empower people in STEM to be active civic participants. We are a dedicated group of volunteers working to help our fellow members of the STEM community more effectively engage with their local communities and governments. And we would be thrilled to have you join our ranks.
ESAL is looking for volunteers to join our Communications Team and contribute by generating multimedia content for use across our social media accounts. ESAL’s unique content aimed at inspiring and helping STEM professionals become more effective “Scientist Citizens” is core to how we advance our mission. You will work to translate our blog content into understandable and digestible ‘bites’ that will engage engineers and scientists in our online communities. The multimedia volunteer will play a critical role in achieving ESAL’s goal of change the way people with STEM backgrounds interact with their governments and communities.
As a member of the ESAL Communications Team you will:
- Generate content for social media based on ESAL’s blog entries and upcoming events.
- Content may include simple animations, hosted videos, or explainer videos that get our key messages across. (Some training can be provided)
- Work remotely under the guidance of the ESAL Communications Director.
- Contribute ~10-15 hr/month of your time to do the above
- Make at least a 6 month commitment to volunteering with ESAL.
In return, by volunteering with ESAL you will gain the opportunity to:
- Network with engineers and scientists across the country who are passionate about improving their communities
- Demonstrate a concrete commitment to science policy and community engagement
- Work with ESAL leadership -- a dedicated team of engineers and scientists with deep experience in public policy
- Influence and shape a growing organization that is receiving broad recognition from the science policy community due to its unique focus on non-federal engagement
If you are interested in helping us change how engineers and scientists think about policy engagement, please contact us with a paragraph describing your interest and a link to a bio or an attached resume at email@example.com