Do you believe the STEM community brings a valuable perspective to challenges faced by cities, counties, and states? Engineers & Scientists Acting Locally seeks to inspire, encourage, and empower people in STEM to be active civic participants. We are a dedicated group of volunteers working to help our fellow members of the STEM community more effectively engage with their local communities and governments. And we would be thrilled to have you join our ranks.
ESAL is looking for volunteers to join our Communications Team and contribute to our social media presence. ESAL’s unique content aimed at inspiring and helping STEM professionals become more effective “Scientist Citizens” is core to how we advance our mission. By engaging with engineers and scientists via social media, the our social media volunteers play a critical role in achieving ESAL’s goal of change the way people with STEM backgrounds interact with their governments and communities.
As a member of the ESAL Communications Team you will:
- Generate content for social media based on ESAL’s blog entries and upcoming events.
- Promote ESAL content and activities via ESAL social media accounts (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn)
- Monitor ESAL’s social media accounts and interact with followers.
- Work remotely under the guidance of the ESAL Communications Director and Social Media Manager
- Contribute ~10-15 hr/month of your time to do the above
- Make at least a 6 month commitment to volunteering with ESAL
In return, by volunteering with ESAL you will gain the opportunity to:
- Network with engineers and scientists across the country who are passionate about improving their communities
- Demonstrate a concrete commitment to science policy and community engagement
- Work with ESAL leadership -- a dedicated team of engineers and scientists with deep experience in public policy
- Influence and shape a growing organization that is receiving broad recognition from the science policy community due to its unique focus on non-federal engagement
If you are interested in helping us change how engineers and scientists think about policy engagement, please contact us with a paragraph describing your interest and a link to a bio or an attached resume at email@example.com