Do you believe the STEM community brings a valuable perspective to challenges faced by cities, counties, and states? Engineers & Scientists Acting Locally seeks to inspire, encourage, and empower people in STEM to be active civic participants. We are a dedicated group of volunteers working to help our fellow members of the STEM community more effectively engage with their local communities and governments. And we would be thrilled to have you join our ranks.
ESAL is looking for a volunteer to oversee and grow our communications, marketing and outreach activities. ESAL generates content through our web articles, events, and workshops and core to achieving our mission is sharing these resources broadly. If growing and managing a communications strategy for a small, high-impact organizations sounds excited, this might just be the right role for you!
As the ESAL Communications Director you will:
- Oversee ESAL’s external communications and marketing efforts, including:
- Providing oversight for the social media volunteers: arranging coverage for posts and determining who will monitor activity on ESAL’s various social media accounts.
- Supervising multimedia volunteers in turning existing content into featurettes
- Facilitate graphics creation by managing ESAL’s use of Canva
- Onboard and train new volunteers.
- Maintain ESAL’s brand - ensure that consistent brand/voice is used across all of ESAL’s graphic and multimedia projects
- Be a part of ESAL’s Leadership Committee, overseeing Communications team volunteers ● Work remotely under the guidance of the ESAL Chair
- Contribute ~10 hr/month of your time to do the above
- Make at least a 6 month commitment to volunteering with ESAL
In return, by volunteering with ESAL you will gain the opportunity to:
- Network with engineers and scientists across the country who are passionate about improving their communities
- Demonstrate that you can develop and drive an organization’s communications strategy
- Demonstrate leadership in a science policy and communications organization
- Influence and shape a growing organization that is receiving broad recognition from the science policy community due to its unique focus on non-federal engagement
If you are interested in helping us change how engineers and scientists think about policy engagement, please contact us with a paragraph describing your interest and a link to a bio or an attached resume at firstname.lastname@example.org